Holiday time is definitely gathering time, and we always like to put a twist on plain, ordinary cocktails. Are you ready for this?
PEPPERMINT GIN FIZZ.
Yes, you read that right. Peppermint. Gin Fizz.
It’s an easy cocktail to make; it’s different; and it’s super yummy.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint Tea
- 1/2 cup just boiled water
- 3 oz. gin
- 1 egg white (optional)*
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 springs fresh mint
- Handful of ice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus 2 to 4 lemon slices for garnish
- Sparkling water
- Steep tea bags in the just boiled water until the brew is room temperature, about 15 min.
- Pour the strong-brewed tea into a blender. Add gin, egg white (if using), powdered sugar, leaves from 1 sprig of mint, and a handful of ice.
- Blend on high for at least one minute; this will help lots of froth develop for the creamy top.
- Pour into 2 tall highball glasses or 4 small champagne or martini glasses.
- Top each with sparkling water to create the “fizz”.
- Garnish each cocktail with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint.
Impress your guests with something new!