- 3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts (red onion also looks pretty)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken into large bite-size pieces.
For the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a bowl until smooth.
Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Add the cashews and serve at chilled.